It is very difficult to get into playing golf without a set of perfect golf clubs. Without the set of right clubs, you are just a person who is dancing but there is no background music.
Best Golf Clubs for Beginners content will provide useful guideline to the beginner golfers to choose the right golf club for themselves.
To become an efficacious golfer, you must have to have a suitable set of golf clubs.
When you start enjoying the game it is guaranteed that you would love it and will start searching how to be a better golf player. The accurate set of golf clubs will support you to make a good start in the game.
I have listed below some of the Best Golf Clubs for beginners along with their prime features, pros and cons for your reviewing and facilitating to take right buying decision.
What Are The Best Golf Clubs for Beginners
List of 7 Best Golf Clubs Sets for Beginners Golfers
View on Amazon
Callaway Golf Men's Strata Complete Package Set
Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal Golf Iron Set
Wilson Golf Ultra Plus Package Set
Callaway Golf 2019 Big Bertha Iron Set
TaylorMade M6 Driver
Precise X7 Junior Complete Golf Club Set
Callaway Women's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set
7 Best Golf Clubs For Beginners and High Handicappers Reviews
In this section, I will make a comprehensive discussion on the top 7 best golf clubs for beginners and high handicappers in 2021. If you are a beginner or amateur golfer, you should pay highest level of attention while studying the following important & useful discussion.
The Callaway Golf Men’s Strata set is made of all outstanding materials. While you would be striking a ball again and again with these clubs, you will observe the strength of the materials used.
The Callaway used titanium to build the full of the driver. Titanium will deliver you what you want with all the durability.
The driver is a 460cc with a large sweet spot, and it comes with a headcover to guard it to make sure that you can use it for quite a long time.
It is a good set and each golfer must have this set. It doesn’t matter that you are a beginner or a professional. The Callaway Strata Men’s 12-Piece Complete set has all the things that you need to play this amazing game, and it will make sure that you get an outstanding playful experience and enjoy the game.
Each and everything from the irons to the T-style mallet putter is high-class in quality and performance.
This set comes in a good-looking stylish lightweight and sturdy bag with lots of pockets that you can use to carry balls and your important things while you are in the green courses.
- The Callaway Men’s Strata 12-piece set is takings you from the tee to the hole with accuracy and elegance. The Callaway features a 3-wood, a 5-hybrid, a driver, 6-9 irons, pitching wedge, putter including stand bag, and two headcovers.
- Actually, this amazing set includes all of the essential clubs that you need for long-range attacks together with short game approaches.
- It comes with a 460cc driver with a lightweight titanium head and a large sweet spot, which will allow you to force the ball with comfort.
- The short irons and the pitching wedge are intended to provide you perfect precision and control with their stainless steel manufacture.
- The hybrid club provides you a great alternative to difficult long irons and it allows you to have some extra control over your medium distance shots.
- The fairway wood contains an extra-large head and offers more forgiving control.
- The mallet putter comes with the alignment marks to help you navigate the green with proper accuracy.
- The lightweight stand bag holds all of your belongings. It has a padded strap and plenty of storage. It comes with a rain cover to keep the clubs dry when the rain comes.
- This set can be a great option for beginners and professionals
- The high-quality construction material used
- Lightweight and good looking
- Contains a lightweight stand bag
- Comes with a large drive head
- The fairway wood is easy to control
- The driver shaft is little whippy, which may be not suitable for fast swingers of the club
You may read the content Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set Review to get detailed information about this golf club set.
The Mizuno JPX919 hot metal club set is made from the finest metals that are clean and classic and it combines an inconceivable balance of launch speed and easily manageable landing angels. This club set has a high strength Chromoly 4140M and seamless cup face construction, which produces the maximum ball speed than any other Mizuno iron set.
The Mizuno JMPX919 hot metal club’s new stability frame makes sure that all irons with the set provide the accurate flight height and the controllable landing angles are steep enough to control the shots into the green.
The amazing steel alloy material provides the highest level of strength. Along with these durabilities and strength, the head is providing sufficient flexibility as well. It is thin enough to make the ball speeds higher.
It has a very classic and professional look with a wonderful pearly brush finish.
- The one-piece seamless cup face construction geometry offers an amazing level of response at high ball speeds
- The club’s new stability frame steeping at the heel portion to improve stability and launch, while generating a tour favored vibration and sound
- The chrome-plated with a more durable Pearly brush finish softening the 919’s precise lines in high sunshine
- The re-engineered sound ribs established to hit individual vibration patterns recognized as delivering a pleasing feeling through the effect
- High strength Chromoly 4140M material allows new multi-thickness face with a flexible hosel for the right fitting
- It helps to improve distance and forgiveness for intermediate to advanced level handicap players
- The new pearly brush finish enhances strength and softens the club’s precise lines in sunlight
- Generates an amazing level of feedback at extreme ball speeds
- Stability frame allows better weighting with amazing feel
- High strength Chromoly 414M material allows the ball speed
- Into the wind, a high level of spin may don’t get the desired distance
To get more detailed information about Mizuno Golf Club set, you should read my content Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Irons Reviews and take your buying decision.
The Wilson club set can provide you an outstanding feeling of quality at an affordable price, which just comes with exclusive club sets. It can be the best choice for the golfers who just started playing. They can improve their game with these clubs.
Though The Wilson Ultra Plus club set is not as all-inclusive as the Callaway Strata has but still it comes with some great club choices. You will get a fairway wood, a driver, a hybrid, and 6 through 9-irons. It also includes a putter and pitching wedge. By adding one more fairway wood it would have added extra worth to this product.
It has a 460cc driver with a big sweet spot that makes teeing off very easier for the novices. If you face any difficulty while hitting good fairway shots, the hybrid comes in this set should be used.
The irons contain quite large sweet spots. So, you will get extra forgiveness and more accuracy. The pitching wedge comes with the set is just standard quality and the putter included has a heel-and-toe design.
The club’s set comes with a wonderful self-activating stand bag. It contains lots of pockets to keep your golf balls and all essential stuff.
- The Wilson Ultra features a complete set of 10 pieces and it is intended to help improving player’s swings without making it too hard.
- The Ultra bag is available at a reasonable price, which is below the price of a current golf iron and it gives you more money for your golf rounds and training.
- These Wilson clubs set includes a 3 wood, a driver, a 4-hybrid, and 5 through 9-irons, a standard pitching wedge, and a putter.
- These clubs set comes with a stylish and good looking stand bag with a backpack styled straps for added safety and movement abilities.
- A very good quality clubs set at an affordable price
- Comes with steel shaft irons with more accuracy
- The driver provides you excellent distance
- A durable bag which is easy to carry
- Contains all good quality clubs from driver to putter
- Not suitable for advanced level players
- Doesn’t come with a sand wedge
The Callaway is famous for its top of the line irons. The Callaway golf 2019 Big Bertha Iron set is the perfect blending of features, which are intended to improve your speed and distance.
This club set gives the complete blend of a crisp sound and a smoother feel, with its extraordinarily long and forgiving design, which can help to reach your swing to the next level, and beyond.
The key objective of this set is to develop the iron’s weight back and low to launch the golf ball speed higher. To improve the overall performance the advanced clubface designed to provides you the proper distance, speed, and launch they need. With all this addition you will notice that you are started making contact like never did before.
- The Big Bertha iron from Callaway has the new suspended energy core. It is easy to reach the ball airborne, and you can manage the swing speed. So, my opinion is high launch and the good flight is most essential in iron than the distance.
- Callaway included modern technologies into their clubs, the 360 Face Cup. This feature makes the Big Bertha irons extremely forgiving. Maybe so far it is the most forgiving iteration of the Big Bertha iron.
- It has an unforgettable look with an amazingly clean and smoked PVD finish.
- The Callaway Big Bertha irons contain an easy launch and added distance.
- The Callaway using the irons are game-improvement irons, you would notice that they are pretty rigid in terms of the shots and they can hit in different situations.
- It comes with the latest technology in clubheads
- The design has a beautiful look with lightweight
- It offers the maximum forgiveness
- The 8 hosel tuning options give you the feature to tune the club into 8 different tune settings
- It improves the speed and distance
- The price is a little bit high
The TaylorMade M6 presents the latest technology called speed injected twist face. The latest M6 driver pushes all the limits at the edge of the coefficient of restitution continuing within the permitted boundaries of speed guidelines.
The M6 is an outstanding driver, which is one of the simplest drivers to hit presently in the market. An amazing combination of simple looks, speed, steady head, great sound, and improved forgiveness all these will suit the majority of intermediate to advanced level golfers.
This club has some technological expansions, which allow you more forgiveness than in earlier models.
The large sweet spot generates more ball speed from the screw in the clubface.
The M6 comes with a sleeker aerodynamic shape. The top contains a 6 layers carbon fiber only accepting for weight to be affected elsewhere to recover constancy.
The engineers were able to make a sleek and aerodynamic shape of the latest ‘inertia generator’ with the weight savings.
The TaylorMade M6 features a lower and deeper weight in the sole. The traditional shaped matte black crown encourages self-assurance and helps with the ease of alignment.
- It has internal support foam with adjustable amounts of injected resin to adjust COP through the total face. In the M6 driver, the Speed Injection procedure is intended to increase ball speed and distance.
- The updated, reengineered, more flexible Hammerhead 2.0 slot workings in combining with speed injected Twist Face to generate a larger sweet spot.
- The revolutionary new twist face curves with an accurate face angle on off-center hit. It plans to decrease sidespin and provide blunter shots.
- An exclusive procedure to modify each head that is checked measured and later tuned for the highest speed and to confirm the reliability.
- It has used modern technology
- It is highly tolerant
- Provides remarkable ball speeds and distance
- Native adjustability
- Comparatively expensive
The Precise X7 Junior club set comes in 6 different sizes and styles to accommodate each age group from 3years old kids to 12 years old teenagers, and for both left-handed and right-handed players.
Every package of X7 Junior contains high-lofted clubs, a children’s hybrid wood, and a golf bag with lightweight that includes dual straps to use as a backpack. Each club of this set also comes with Flex Graphite shafts, which makes them hit easily. In total, the club set has five clubs a driver, two irons, a hybrid, and a putter.
This set contains very basic and compact golf clubs, which are intended for the primary learning procedure.
The PreciseGolf Co. knows very well how to treat with your kids to assist them to love the game more.
- The PreciseGolf X7 junior set essentially comes with all the basic clubs that your junior golfer requires to have to do more practice to be the best golfer.
- This kid’s set includes a driver with a large sweet spot, which provides you with a good flight.
- It also features two irons that can assist your kids to learn how irons club work.
- It contains a hybrid club, which can help you with almost all kinds of problems.
- It comes with a mallet putter, which can make the ball roll accurately on the green.
- This club set mainly designed for 3 age groups. They are 3 to 5, 6 to 8, and 9 to12 years old. The club’s size and heights feature according to the age groups.
- High-quality materials make these clubs. The graphite shafts clubs provide a very lightweight feel. Though the clubhead is not equivalently lightweight and some kids may find it a bit heavy.
- The set includes a nice bag for your little golfer. Your kids will enjoy carrying this bag. It also has the standing options.
- Covers are available for the driver and the hybrid wood as well
- The clubs are durable and well built with high-quality materials
- It has all the clubs that you need for your little beginners
- Available for 3 different age groups
- Price is affordable
- A beautiful bag included
- The graphite shafts make the club lightweight
- Simply 5 basic clubs included
The Callaway Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is an amazing starter set for female golfers. Callaway is renowned for its superior golf equipment and though it is a budget preference. It is constructed well and comes with everything you need. The Callaway Women’s strata are the best option for the beginners though it can convey you over, while your game develops.
Callaway offers you a golf club set that comes with 16 pieces, which allows you to contain all the essential tools for practicing and to develop your golf skills. This set comes with quality irons with high-fight technology. The stainless steel construction of Callaway makes sure that you have a strong and durable invention and it allows you to have good control as well.
The Callaway Women’s strata ultimate is very popular and vastly recommended by most of its users. Among Callaway sets, this is the greatest set in the Strata ranges presence a 16 piece set. The Callaway also offers you a 12 and 14 piece set. This bigger set has almost everything that a female golfer needs.
- The Callaway comes with the handy 3-wood and 5-wood. These have well aerodynamic and provide a good presentation with remarkable distance. They have quite a good volume of forgiveness as well.
- In these, you will own a very good quality titanium driver. It includes a headcover. The head is 460cc in size.
- It has a big forgiving spot and a 10.5-degree loft. It contains a quite long shaft for a ladies’ club at 44 inches.
- The club irons are made from solid stainless steel. It has high flight technology that provides the irons good controlling and good distance. These irons have a suitable weight that can give you a comfortable feel.
- The Callaway has the popular hybrids 4 and hybrid 5. These are the replacement of long irons. These are more forgiving and extremely easier to hit. It makes the kit more unique for the market. The hybrids also come with the high flight technology and headcovers available.
- This set also comes with a 56-degree sand wedge and a pitching wedge. The precision face milling on the putter is implemented for better accuracy and distance control. Effective and accurate putter.
- This set includes an attractive stylish bag with bright colors and beautiful design. It has plenty of chambers to keep balls and necessary accessories. The bag comes with a comfortable back strap.
- The Callaway Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set is a budget-friendly great choice to select. It can be the best option for beginners.
- It includes 2 hybrids
- Precise face milling putter for more accurate and better control
- Comes with a beautiful stylish bag
- A nice variety of clubs 2 woods and 2 hybrids
- Money worthy and budget-friendly
- Uses high flight technology
- All club grips are comfortable and forgiving clubs
- It is a complete set of 16 piece kits
- May not ideal for too tall ladies
You should read the content Callaway Women’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set Review to get detailed information about Callaway Strata Women’s 16 piece Golf Club sets.
Women Golfers who want to review other best golf clubs, may go through my content best golf clubs for women for availing proper guideline and taking right product buying decisuon.
Best Golf Clubs for Beginners – Buying Guide
The following things need to be considered for selecting and buying right golf clubs for you.
Golf is a luxurious game. So the golf accessories are not cheap and probably you are prepared to spend on a set of clubs and it is so obvious for every level of golfers. It is not true that the most expensive clubs are always best but on the other hand, there are certain disadvantages to buying clubs based on just the lowest price.
Some important factors can help you to decide how much you want to spend on a set of golf clubs.
Level of your skill
If you are a novice you can start by buying a used set or you may use with only buying a select few clubs. Though the intermediate level and advanced level golfers will have some specific anticipation for their golf clubs.
How frequently you play
If you don’t play regularly but just want to buy a set of clubs to participate at your business’s yearly golf tournament then you won’t need to spend lots of money buying a set of clubs. But on the other hand, if you have a plan of practicing and playing regularly, it will be price worthy if you pay extra money to buy expensive clubs.
If you have some special requirements according to your grip preferences, height then you must have to pay some extra, or even if you want to customize your club set because you are left-handed or something else then you might need to pay some extra money to buy just a basic set of golfs clubs.
Level of your Experience
Based on your experience you have and how often you play golf by using your club sets and it is important to consider while you are planning to buy a new set of golf clubs.
If you are a new golfer then you shouldn’t go to buy a golf club set in a hurry. You must take some time to figure out which one fits you or not and you may like it or not. It will be a wise decision to get mastered some of the basics before you invest a big amount of money on a nice golf club sets. For the entry-level golfers don’t need to have many golf clubs in their bag. So if you are a beginner you can start by only buying the few that exactly you need to get started playing golf.
If you are ready to move from beginner to intermediate level you may need to add some extra golf clubs in your bag. It is time to upgrade those old sets of clubs to a professionally fitted clubs set. Normally, if you are a member of a good golf association and your shoot on average from the mid-80s to mid-90s then you can call yourself an intermediate level golfer.
You are good enough at golf and you know all the rules and techniques about the game. And you shoot on average 90s. You give proper time for enough practicing and maybe you completed a few tournaments successfully then you can entitle yourself as an advanced level player. Now time to spend more time and more money on your custom fitted golf clubs to make it a quality buying.
Length of The Golf Club
It is important to buy an accurate sized golf club set. A very shot club can force the golfer to push the ball. On the other hand, a very long club can make a golfer sacrifice power in his swing. Mainly, the regular-sized golf clubs are made for 5 feet 10-inch men. If you are about to that height then you might be ok with the regular-sized clubs.
There are many options available for those people who don’t fit into regular-sized clubs
If you are shorter than 5 feet 10 inches but want to get fitted for golf clubs professionally then you can take customized golf clubs with a suitable length that matches your height. Though there is no quick process to shorten the length of the club. If you are a beginner then you can buy only a few types of golf clubs to start by adding extra cost to customize your golf clubs.
If you are taller than 5 feet 10 inches and you want a professionally fitted golf club set then you can customize but it is quite extra expensive to get your golf clubs. You need extended clubs through alteration. It is worthy to pay an extra cost if you want to enjoy your golf timing with the right fitted clubs. Some companies are available to alter used clubs as well so if you are a beginner you can buy some inexpensive clubs and make them custom fit.
There are lots of options available for women’s clubs that are specially made for women. Women’s clubs are more flexible, shorter, and lightweight compared to men’s clubs. These clubs are mainly made by assuming that women are shorter than men. So if you are an extra taller woman, it is better to buy the right sized clubs for you that won’t be too short.
The grips of golf clubs are the things that allow you to maintain your control of the club and they can build or halt your game. An erroneous grip may increase three to four strokes on each hole. To perform well on every hole you might need new golf clubs with a different grip. If you are not sure which grip is suitable for you then you can seek out some help from professionals.
Golf clubs’ grips are mainly four sizes available. They are regular size, undersize, mid-size, and oversize. Still among these not fitting with you and if you need more customization you may add some tape at the time of installation.
In which weather you normally play golf; it may play a role in the type of grip you want. For example, if you play in damp and wet circumstances, you may need to consider cord grips to stop slipping the golf clubs from your hands. But on the other hand, if you mainly play in dry circumstances then it will be perfect if you choose a smooth material or a plastic for your grip.
Based on the grip texture, many varieties are available. They are ranging from smooth to rough and coarse. You may like to try different texture to pick the right one which is comfortable and safe for you. If you wear gloves then it can factor into the type of grip that you are choosing. Some of you may prefer a smooth grip without your gloves, while some others feel like a rougher texture provides them more hand power.
The majority part of the total weight of a golf club comes from the materials of shafts. Shafts are mainly made from either steel or graphite. Both materials have some advantages depending on the player. Consequently, it is essential to know what they are so that you can decide easily that which material you want on your golf clubs.
The golf club shafts are made from Steel are heavier and less expensive than graphite. Though, still, it is a better choice for many golfers, mainly the people who are physically extra strong and want the extra weight to control over their swing
Graphite shafts are lighter in weight and more expensive compared to steel shafts. The price can discourage you if you are new at the game. The graphite shafts give you more distance on every swing. The lightness of the shaft makes it easier to swing that can make a meaningful difference for those people who have a lack of arm strength.
Various Types of Golf Clubs
Wedges are a special kind of iron including pitching wedges. Though the pitching wedge will tend to be involved in your standard iron set. But you will have to buy further wedges, for example, the lob wedge, gap wedge, and sand wedge individually.
If you are a beginner then you don’t need to worry about these three additional wedges, but you may need a pitching wedge. Each wedge contains a short shaft and high loft, which makes them helpful to striking over a tree or getting out from sand traps.
If you are a beginner or High Handicapper golfer you should study my content best wedges for high handicappers for choosing the right golf wedges.
Wood clubs are pretended to be made from wood because they accustomed to be made out of wood, are the golf clubs that force the golf ball the furthest. Now they are built out of metals same as steel or titanium. Now maybe you can tell about a wood club by its look. A wood club comes with a large and rounded head and a flat bottom that allows the club to easily drift over the ground while you are shooting.
The Woods are counted based on their loft that is the angle of the clubface. The angle maintains the track of the ball once it is stroke and also affects how far away the ball can go. Upper numbered woods have upper lofts. At the same time, the upper numbered woods also comes with the shorter shafts.
The entry-level players will need a small number of woods in their bag. The one wood, is also named as a driver, is anything that you’ll use to tee off maximum holes. The most other communal woods to contain in your bag are three and five woods those are also named as fairway woods since they are mostly used for the second swing when you must be on the fairway.
If you are planning to reduce the number of clubs in your golf bag as a novice then you can try with one wood and three wood. Later you can add some more when you get used to the sport.
If you are a golfer then you must have a putter in your bag. There is one vital reason to have putter. To get the ball in the hole while you are in the green. The putter club heads mainly come into three different styles. They are a mallet, traditional blade, and heel-toe. If you are a beginner then you will want to prefer for the more reliable option that is the mallet.
Besides the standard putters differ in sizes ranging from 32 inches to 36 inches. If you think that you are not able to recover using a traditional putter then you can go for the longer options.
Mainly, when you are closer to the green then you can use iron clubs. This means if you are within 200yards then iron clubs are used. The iron sets contain numbers three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine along with the pitching wedge. You may use an upper numbered iron when you are the closest to the green.
The lower numbered irons tend to be quite extra challenging to stroke than upper numbered irons. This is why various novices prefer to alter their set by interchanging their three and four irons with seven and nine woods because the woods cause equivalent distances but they are easier to stroke.
Utility or Hybrids
These types of clubs are a quite recent development for both recreational and professional golf and these are mostly referred to as the best for both golf worlds.
Utility or hybrid clubs are mainly the combination of a fairway wood head design along with the iron length shaft and they are intended to alter the most solid to hit irons containing the 2, 3, 4, and 5 numbered iron.
These hybrid clubs are intended to go the equal distance the same as the irons but with more absolution, they became the most favorites options for beginners.
You can check my content best hybrid golf clubs for high handicappers to select the perfect hybrids for improving your gameplay.
I tried to explain what to look for in your golf club, based on your height and experience level, club grips, and shaft materials.
By reading our entire guide you can research to find your best golf clubs for you.I have explained what to look for in grips and shaft material based on your height and experience level.
Once you conceal your swing and know how to appropriately choose your clubs, your performance will progress magically. It is always more important to have better equipment.
My Best Choices
According my golf playing experiences, I will recommend the following golf clubs for the beginner and high handicapper golers.
1. Best Overall
This set offers you everything that you need to improve your game. This club set can be the best option for an entry-level player to advanced level players. The product’s quality is very high. Easy to control and lightweight. Click here for more details.
2. Best Performance
This can be the best option for entry-level players. If you are just starting then it is perfect for you. These Golf clubs feature with high technology. Best choice for the lady golfer. It has a complete set at a reasonable price. Click here for more details.
3. Budget Pick
If you have a limited budget but still want to have a great quality set then you can choose this set. The driver gives you outstanding distance and it has steel shaft iron. Contains all good quality clubs. If you want everything with good quality at a reasonable price then it can be your perfect choice. Click here for more details.
Our best golf clubs for beginners review mainly intended for beginners golfers to save their time and to find out the accurate golf clubs for them.
I have included some of the best and popular, best-selling golf club brands of this year. Most of these clubs are money worthy and high quality as we have previously mentioned about the best clubs. I hope if you choose one from the above list, you won’t be dissatisfied with the experience, no matter which one you are buying.
So it is time to pick any set from above-stated clubs according to your needs and enjoy the gaming experience that you never had before.