A golf bag is known to be one of the most vital pieces of equipment for any golfer. So, it is essential for golfers to clean their golf bags along with all of their golf accessories. But the saddest part is that not all the golfers out there know how to clean a golf bag properly.
This is why it is a must for golfers to learn how to clean golf bags following the right way.
In the case of mine, I always try to keep my golf bags neat and clean in the most appropriate manner. And, today, I will try to provide you with a comprehensive discussion that is specifically focused on how you can clean a golf bag in the most appropriate manner.
To make this discussion regarding cleaning a golf bag a beneficial one for you, I would try to describe each and everything that you need to know when it comes to cleaning golf bags in the best possible way.
At the same time, I will also try to share some “Secret Tips” that will help you get a thorough idea about how efficiently you can clean your golf bags.
So, let’s jump right into this discussion….
Materials You Will Need For Cleaning Your Golf Bag
The entire procedure of cleaning your golf bag is not that much complicated as you may be thinking at this moment. I can bet that most of you already have the necessary materials that you will need for washing your golf bag.
In the following, I will share a list of the materials you need for cleaning a golf bag –
- A faucet, sink or hose as the source of water.
- I would personally vouch for the hose.
- A mild soap – the type of soap you usually use for cleaning dishes.
- Stain remover similar to that you use for your clothes.
- A rag or washcloth.
- Another piece of rag which will be used for drying purpose.
If you already have the above-mentioned items, then you are good to go to the next section.
How To Clean A Golf Bag – The Outer Part
At this point, I would assume you have already managed all the needed materials for cleaning a golf bag. So, here, in this section, I will share a step-by-step guideline regarding how to clean a golf bag.
It is to be noted that I am going to cover how to clean the outer part of a golf bag first.
So, here we go….
Step 1 – Removing All The Items
The first thing you have to do in this case is to remove all of your golf accessories and equipment from your golf bag. I must remind you that you should also check all the pockets of your golf bag and make them empty by taking out everything you find in your golf bag’s pockets.
Step 2 – Preparing the Bag for Cleaning
Now it is time to prepare your golf bag for cleaning. Here, preparation refers to get your golf bag wet in the first place.
You can use a hose (as I have recommended) for rinsing off the bag in a gentle way. According to my experience, using a hose is the easiest way to get your golf bag wet without any trouble.
However, if you don’t have access to any hose, you have two other options available in front of you.
- Using a water spray bottle.
- Using a wet washcloth.
If you go with the first option, you have to manage a water spray bottle first. Then fill the bottle with clean and fresh water. Now, you can spray water on the outer part of your golf bag by gently pressing on the knob. Following this method will require only 2-3 minutes to get your golf bag completely wet in order to make it prepared for the cleaning thing.
On the other hand, if you choose the second option, then you have to make a washcloth wet first. Then, use that wet washcloth to get your golf bag damp.
Actually, both of these options require a bit of hassle for getting your golf bag wet. So, I always prefer using a hose for this purpose.
Step 3 – Getting All the Materials Ready
In this step, you have to get all the materials ready that I have mentioned in the earlier section which would be used for cleaning the outer part of your golf bag.
Step 4 – Creating A Mixture with Mild Soap & Water
In this step, you have to create a mixture using warm water and mild soap. In this case, you have to keep in mind that the water should not be much hot because it can damage the exterior part of your golf bag.
So, I would suggest you to use lukewarm water as it will help to create the perfect mixture required for this golf bag cleaning procedure.
Step 5 – Removing Stains
Take a soft rag or a piece of clean cloth and soak in the mixture that you have prepared in the earlier step.
Now, use the wet rag to scrub the outer part of your golf bag in a gentle way. Never ever give any pressure while scrubbing the golf bag with the wet rag. This is what you need to remember all the time while washing your golf bag following the procedure I am describing here.
If there is any stain on the exterior part of your golf bag, and you want them to remove, I would suggest you use a stain remover. But if you use a stain remover, you have to choose the one that won’t cause any harm to your bag (meaning the materials used to manufacture the outer of your golf bag).
To get the maximum effectiveness for removing the stains, you just need to add a good-quality stain-remover to the mixture you have already prepared using water and soap.
Now, soak the rag in the mixture again and start scrubbing the golf bag in a gentler way.
Step 6 – Rinsing Off the Wet Golf Bag
Here, you have to use a pipe or a hose to rinse off your golf bag thoroughly using clean water.
Step 7 – Drying the Golf Bag
When the entire cleaning thing is done, it is time to dry your golf bag. For this purpose, you can keep your golf bag for letting it dry under a shaded area. Keeping the bag for a day would be sufficient for the drying thing.
In this case, you have to keep in mind that it is never recommended to keep your bag under the sun for this drying thing because if you do so, there are chances that it will cause damage to your bag.
Step 8 – Use Vinyl Protectant
This last step is only applicable if your golf bag is made of vinyl. For this type of golf bag, I would suggest you to use a good quality vinyl protectant because this will make your golf bag a shinier look.
You see – the procedure of cleaning a golf bag is as simple as that!
If you can follow the above steps for cleaning a golf bag properly, it will consequently provide you with a completely newly bought golf bag.
How To Clean A Golf Bag Properly – The Inner Part
As of now, you have got to know how to clean the outer part of your golf bag.
So, what should you do when it comes to cleaning the interior part of your golf bag? I am very much sure that it is the exact question that is popping up in your mind at this moment.
Well, to clean the inner part of a golf bag, you have two methods available to choose from.
In the following, I am going to make a short description explaining both these methods –
The first method of cleaning the inner part of a golf bag is a really simpler one. Any golfer who doesn’t have any experience in cleaning a golf bag can go for this method without any doubt.
Well, first, you need to pour clean water into a bowl. Now, take a soft cloth or towel and soak it in the water. Now, use the wet cloth to wipe out the inner part of your golf bag. When you are done with the cleaning thing, let your bag dry for a few hours by keeping it under a fan.
In these days, many golfers prefer this method for cleaning the interior part of their golf bags.
The second method for cleaning the inner part of a golf bag is also not a complicated one. For this method, you just need a mild soap.
Just create a mixture of water and mild soap and then soak a soft towel in the mixture. Now, use the wet towel to scrub the inner part of your golf.
When the scrubbing thing is done, use clear water and a clean towel to perform the final washing of your golf bag.
Finally, place your bag under a shaded area keeping it open so that the inner portion can get dried out completely.
Essential Tips To Follow While Cleaning A Golf Bag
As I have promised earlier, now I am going to share some Secret Tips which you can follow while cleaning your golf bag.
Here are the Secret Tips for you –
- Never use any kind of detergent powder for cleaning your golf bag.
- Always use a soft towel or rag when you scrub the outer or inner portion of your golf bag.
- It is never a good idea to keep your golf bag under the sun because it will certainly cause damage to your golf bag.
- Always clean your golf accessories first before keeping them in your golf bag.
- Drying a golf bag at a high temperature is never recommended at all. I always suggest my golf partners and my readers from doing this thing.
- Never use a washing machine to wash your golf bag. This can completely damage your golf bag. So, I won’t recommend it at all.
Efficient Ways For Keeping Your Golf Bag Cleaner
Well, there are several tips that you can follow in order to keep your golf bag cleaner. And, when you keep your golf bag cleaner, it requires very little time to clean your golf bag.
In the following, I will share some tips that you can follow for keeping your golf bag cleaner –
- Always remember that cleaning your golf clubs before keeping them in the bag is the most ideal thing to do. This not only keeps your golf clubs clean, but it also keeps the clubs clean.
- It is a better idea to wipe the sand or dirt off your golf club and other accessories before you put them in the bag. Trust me, it will save you from a mess.
- Try to keep a clean and soft towel in your bag. This will help you clean your golf bag after your golf game. This is really a nice idea to keep a golf bag clean. And, I, too, follow this particular method to keep my golf bags clean.
- Even if you find out a spot on your golf bag, you can easily remove the spot using the towel that I have suggested you to keep in your bag. This is really helpful for every golfer out there who really likes to keep their golf bags clean.
- It is also a good idea to blow off your golf bag after you finish each round of your game. So, it is better to keep a small blower in your golf push cart so that the mentioned task can be easier for you.
- After getting back from the course to your garage, you can use a battery-powered blower to blow off your golf bag, golf clubs, and every other accessory you put in your golf bag.
- Using the blower to blow off the sand and dirt from your golf bag will also help you in keep your bags and garage clean all the time.
Tips For Buying A Golf Bag That Won’t Show Much Dirt
If you think that cleaning your golf bag is a troublesome process, then this particular section can be the most beneficial one for you.
Actually, if you are a bit careful while purchasing your golf bag, then you don’t have to worry about cleaning your golf bag.
For your next golf bag purchase, you can just follow these suggestions of mine –
- When you go for buying your next golf bag, I would suggest you to choose a golf bag that has dark colors because it will require you to perform the golf bag cleaning procedure less frequently.
- If you like the golf bags of light colors, then my suggestion would be to choose something that has some kind of darker colors at the bottom portion.
- If you prefer a Black & White golf bag, then I would suggest you to choose a golf bag model that has a white color in the top area.
- Always remember that a golf bag usually gets the dirtiest in its bottom part.
- It is also important to choose a clean place when you place your stand bag out there in the green field.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it necessary to clean my golf bag?
Answer: Well, I would say that it a must to clean your golf bag.
Actually, it is very common that no golfer would like to carry a dirty golf bag while playing this game called Golf.
Besides, if you carry your golf items in a dirty bag, your golf accessories won’t even last for a longer period.
On the other hand, if you clean the golf bag following the right way, this will provide you with an extended period of time for your golf bag as well as other golf equipment.
2 .What is the best thing to clean golf clubs with?
Answer: Well, if you search on the internet, you will come up with varieties of materials for cleaning your golf bag.
But I would recommend you to use the following items because it is very important to choose the golf bag cleaning materials wisely otherwise any wrong material would damage your golf bag.
You can use a mild soap or dishwashing liquid and lukewarm water for cleaning your golf bag. And to let the bag dry, you can use a soft and dry towel or rag.
Always remember that it is not a good idea to keep the golf bag under the sun for the drying thing because it will surely damage your golf bag.
3. How do you clean mildew off a golf bag?
Answer: In order to clean the mildew off a golf bag, you have to prepare a solution using a quart of lukewarm water and 2 tablespoons of bleach.
Now use a soft towel to soak it in the mixture or solution for a minute. Then scrub the golf bag with the wet towel to clean mildew off your golf bag.
So, we have almost reached the ending section of this discussion which is ideally focused on how to clean a golf bag.
In the above discussion, I have tried to explain everything you need to about cleaning your golf bag. To make this cleaning procedure accessible for every golfer, I have tried to describe the entire cleaning process in a simpler way.
Besides, the golf bag cleaning method I just described above requires some common materials that are usually available in your home.
Still, if you face any problem or confusion while cleaning your golf bag, you can reach out for my help by sending me a direct message explaining your problem.
I would surely try to extend my helping hand.
This is all for today!
See you soon!